Monday, December 11, 2017

New Idea for a Christmas Bag

Last week I was preparing to give a demo on gift wrapping.  I saw some really cute ideas on different blogs so I Incorporated several into/onto this bag.

I used Scoretape to put the lace on but it is hard to get anything to stick onto the Kraft bags so I will get the sewing machine out and stitch it on.
Instead of using an old Christmas card on the front, I printed out a digital image by Tlc Creations, distressed the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink and a distresser tool.  Then I cut a piece of cardstock larger than the "card", scored it with double score lines and embossed the edges with gold (Versamark direct to paper and gold embossing powder).  I also embossed the photo corners, changing them from black to gold. Here is another photo - hopefully you can see the score lines and the tag a bit better.

The tag is from the Kraft Outlet, already tea dyed.  I added more distress ink.  The stamp is by Great Impressions which I colored with Copics.

Challenges:
Simon Monday - Christmas
Simon Wednesday - gifts, gift tags
CardzTV - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Stamploration Sketch and Theme - stamps and gold
Stamploration - tags

7 Kids College Funds - anything

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful gift bag! Love the vintage image and the pretty lace trim!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty gift bag and I love the vintage feel to this project, it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the added brushed gold edges!! Thanks for linking to the Theme and Sketch challenge at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining in with us at STAMPlorations TAGplorations December challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete