Saturday, December 30, 2017

Craziness Continues

Sometimes you just have to laugh!  So that's what we did today.  Amidst the craziness in our lives right now, we are having to deal with snow and ice - lots of ice.  We live in a pocket that apparently is the coldest spot in the county.  So while everyone else has seen the last of the snow and 46 degrees,  we still have white yard, porch, etc., ice and 31 degrees.  And now everything, including my car, is covered in an inch of ice.  It has been "raining" for a day with freezing rain so all the trees and bushes are covered and coated with ice. LOTS of damage.  We continue to see our trees breaking.  Now add a power outage.  Oh, yes, so no phone or internet this morning.  As I was using my cell phone to call a brother, my minutes ran out.  Like I said, sometimes you just have to laugh.
We have power now.  I have added minutes to the phone.  I am not even thinking about going outside.  So what's a girl to do?  Make some cards!
I was intrigued by the sketch at MFT:
I used a stamp set that I have probably used only one time before but now with the Misti, it is much easier.
The sentiment is stamped on a hexagon and popped up with a piece of dimensional tape.  As long as I was using the beehive set, I thought I would turn it into a Valentine card.
Oh, oh!  The lights just flickered.  I better hurry and finish this up!

P.S. The power did go out before I finished.  So I am now finishing this 21 hours later.

Challenges:
MFT - sketch
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Crop Stop - anything
Stamploration CAS

CardzTV - anything

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely card -- it reminds me of a quilt! At least your laughing (instead of crying) at all the things that have gone wrong for you lately! Hope 2018 will get off to a better start for you!
    Thanks for linking up to Cropstop with your lovely creations - it's a pleasure to have you play along each month!

    ReplyDelete