Thursday, May 4, 2017

Trying Something New

This week's challenge at From the Heart is to CASE a card by one of the members of the design team.
Lyn Tomlin's card caught my attention.  I loved the background.
For my card I used Tim Holtz Oxide ink on the bottom half, Tim Holtz Tea Dye Distress ink on the top and then sprayed the whole front with water.  The mist was more of a spray to I went back over the piece with more oxide ink.

The cup image is by FTH which I cut out with a Die-namics Stitched rectangle.  The stitching around the cut out and around the edge of the main panel is hand drawn with a Tim Holtz distress ink pen.  The splashes are stamps by Joy Clair.  The sentiment is Latina Crafts.
After I colored the cup, I dropped a stamp onto the image. Ugh!  I didn't want to color the sleeve again so I paper pieced it onto a new printing of the cup.
Thanks for looking. 

Challenges:
From the Heart - CASE
Deep Ocean - anything
7 Kids College Fund - anything
Joy Clair - anything


7 comments:

  1. Awesome card! I love the globe on your coffee cup label, thanks for sharing with us at the Joy Clair May Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards you've made! Love them! Thank you for joining our challenge at 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute...love the "coffee marks"! Thank you for playing along with us at From the Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great CASE of Lyn´s card, Marsha ! I think i´ve never used this image - thanks for the Inspiration !

    Imke ~ MY CRAFTY PLACE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card, spot on CASE of Lyn's card.
    Thank you so much for taking part :)
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. PRECIOUS! I love the solid color. I will definitely try that next. The oxides are so much fun aren't they? I love your take on my card thanks for joining in the challenge!
    lyn

    ReplyDelete