Friday, January 20, 2017

Floral Thanks

Amidst the need to make Valentines comes a need for a thank you card.  This was really fun to make.
I remembered this technique from a video by Jennifer Mcguire so thought I'd give it a try.


I used a digital stamp by Stamplorations then cut out the word "thanks".  After attaching the main piece to the blue card base, I cut out another "thanks" of same color of blue and fit it into the negative space, filling the center of the "a" and "k" with pieces from the main panel cut outs.
Just applied a bit of Copics to the centers of the flowers and outlined the letters with a super fine magic marker so the word would stand out.   LOVE the results.
My inspiration came from Deepti's cards shown below:


Challenges:
Stamploration -  CAS
Stamploration Never Ending
Stamploration Spotlight
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Words2Craft By - inspirational quote
Happy Little Stamper - use dies
7 Kids College Fund - anything

6 comments:

  1. Marsha, Isn't it great fun to try something new?! After seeing your take on Jennifer's technique, I may just have to try this myself. Thanks so much for joining our Change Challenge over at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,
    It was a joy to look through your beautiful, fun, and inspiring cards. I love them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!! I need some more Christmas thank you and I have a "thanks" die so I might try this technique. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love how the sentiment pops out from your background!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at STAMPlorations CAS Card Challenge! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-guest designer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love how the Thanks just pops! Thanks for playing with us at HLS anything goes with dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgous set of cards! Love the gorgeous floral background. Thanks so much for joining us at the 7 Kids challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete