Thursday, August 13, 2015

I Love Pumpkins

I do.  I love pumpkins: orange ones, white one, bumpy ones, and all the yummy things you can make with them (pumpkin muffins and pumpkin lattes being among my favorites).
Most people associate pumpkins with Jack-o-lanterns and Halloween.  Not me.  I think of harvest and the term of endearment I use for my grandchildren - "Punkin".

The challenge at Die Cut Divas is Holidays.  I've taken a lot of liberty with that challenge because this card really isn't about any specific holiday, just the Autumn season.
These two shades of orange are cut with the Spellbinders Pumpkin dies and then stacked on top of each other making four layers.  Here is a tip:  in order to save paper, I cut the smaller pieces out of the larger pieces knowing the negative would not show after they are stacked.
The digital sentiment is cut with a Spellbinder Tag die.

We are half way through the month so you still have time to play the challenge at Die Cut Divas.  Our sponsor is LeCrystelle Clothing and Crafts.

Challenges:
Simon Monday - homegrown summer
CASual chick - pretty patterns
Paper Creators - dies
Crop Stop - anything  (used Cuttlebug ) 
CASual Chic - patterns

3 comments:

  1. Now you have gotten me hungry for anything pumpkin. PUMPKIN MUFFINS... Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fun card! Love how you stacked the pumpkin!
    Thank you for taking part of the CAS-ual Chic monthly challange!
    Stay Happy, Stay Creative!
    Zoey ( www.scrapsaurus.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is too adorable!! Love the sentiment! : ) Thanks for joining us at CAS-UAL Chic!!

    ReplyDelete