Monday, May 25, 2015

Embossing Two Ways

As you know, I make it a point to send thank you notes to our heroes when I send a a box of cards to Operation Write Home.  When wondering what to do for the new challenge at the Kraft Journal - Embossing, I decided to do dry and wet embossing.  My inspiration came from two beautiful cards that I have in my "to be cased" file.  Photos of their cards are at the end of this post.

So here is what I came up with:
Stating with Light Kraft card base, I embossed the sentiment (Great Impressions stamp set with proceeds going to OWH) with Copper embossing powder.  I also embossed a strip to be the back of the stars die cut.  This is a MFT die cut - love the results.  The white piece is embossed with a Darice folder.  It is layered onto Brown Kraft.  The four stars (three on white embossed panel and one by the sentiment) are left overs from the die cut.  The cording is Baker's Twine and Natural Hemp Cord.

Thanks to the ladies who my inspiration.  Here are their beautiful cards.
and


The challenge at the Kraft Journal started today and ends Sunday 6 pm CST.



No comments:

Post a Comment