Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Thinking Outside the Box

My husband asked me to make a thank you card.  He caught me in a creative mood.  Here is what I came up with and we both liked it. (that is always a plus!)

On the front of the folded pink cardstock, I cut out an oval with a Spellbinders Oval die.  On the inside I glued an oval so that the opening was "framed".  You can see it in the next photo.  The "thanks" is a die cut. (memory box I think) which is just glue on the top under the "t" and the "s"  and the ornate corners are made with a Cuttlebug die.  Boy, I haven't used those corners for years!
Here is what the inside looks like:
The gorgeous, large flower is Hero Arts which I colored with Copics.
I really do love the way this turned out.  The only problem is there is no room to write a note unless he writes on the back of the card.  (I still love it- haha)
The idea for this card came from the sketch at Stamplorations:



Pile It On - fancy frames or borders
Simon Monday - in the middle
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Simon Wednesday - flowers
Party Time Tuesday - anything
V's Sweet Ideas - anything
Sweet Stamps - pink
Paper Creators - flowers 

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Marsha! Such a lovely design! That stamped flower is beautiful!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card!!! I saw this beauty over at PTT!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Millie
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card. The image is beautifully coloured.
    Thanks for playing along at Party Time Tuesdays.
    Sabina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you both loved this. Quite amazing! Thank you for sharing your pink design with us at Sweet Stamps! Have a happy week. ~Donna K

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, ha! Indeed! True success with a craft is when you and the hubby both give it the thumb's up! Well done! What I really love about this card is how the flower forms the background of the frame-- and then how the whole flower is revealed when you open the card. So, so, SO clever! And the colors are vibrant and happy. Can't believe how realistic you made that flower look, so kudos all around on an excellent project. Thanks so much for sharing it with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea and gorgeous colouring on that beautiful flower. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations 31st Sketch Challenge, hope to see you again in our next challenge, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a super cool card!! Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations sketch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you did that open window with the sentiment die-cut. It's a great take on the sketch.
    Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!!
    xxxx
    Your Party Planner, Riëtte :D

    ReplyDelete