Sunday, April 6, 2014

OWH Sketch and Doodle Pantry

This is my second post today.  If you are looking for the Daydream Blog Hop, go back one post to here.


Doodle Pantry is once again sponsoring the sketch challenge at  Operation Write Home  which means some lucky cardmaker is going to win some free digital images just for making a card and entering it over at  Operation Write Home.  The purpose of OWH is to make cards which are blank inside to send to our deployed troops so they can write back to their family members and friends.  Please check out this WONDERFUL organization if you have not done so previously.   I am a proud supporter of OWH, sending approximately 40 cards a month.  For many of my cards, I used Doodle Pantry digital images and in every box sent, I include some thank you cards for the heroes to keep for themselves.  This is one going in my next box:

Laurie Wilson, the creator of the images at Doodle Pantry, has made up some wonderful patriotic sets as well as some sets that are very appropriate for our heroes to send back home.  You can check out some of these wonderful sets by going to the Doodle Pantry Store and searching for  "patriotic".
The image I used is from the Patriotic Eagle Color set.  The background paper (lower portion) is also included in that set.
I almost forgot to show you the sketch for this week:
I hope you will come over to OWH and play.  If you use a digital image, enter it in the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge too.  You have until April 24th to enter. 

Challenges:
Simon Monday - anything
My Craft Spot - thank you
Sweet Stamps - dies
Penny's Paper Crafting - feathered friends
What If Wednesday - wings



13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, fantastic image and shading and I love the star background. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is striking, Marsha. Such rich colors and textures combined with the regal eagle are a perfect combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this....I need to get that set myself. Love the layout and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card. I was doing the Daydream hop, but I'm glad I stumbled onto this card. I have a pile of OWH cards waiting for the stamp on the back and envelope. It's a wonderful organization.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL card! The embossing looks amazing and what a great design!
    Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge at My Craft Spot!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card! I love the embossing and that eagle is just beautiful! Thank you so much for playing along with our Thank You Card/Gift Challenge at My Craft Spot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Your paper choices and embossing complement the eagle perfectly. I have to put this set on my wish list :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is amazing!!! LOVE the great masculine feel--and the start embossing is perfect! :) HUGS and have a great rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super card! The colour scheme is wonderful and the image is so striking!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!

    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed, 40 cards a month is SUCH a great commitment! This card is soo pretty. Love the embossing folder paired with the eagle. It REALLY works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful patriotic card Marsha, lovely showcasing of the stamp set!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Marsha perfect OWH card, very regal and patriotic!

    ReplyDelete