Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Refreshing Delight

It is hot and humid. It is days like this that I miss living on a lake where I grew up. We practically lived in the water during the summer.  And we had inner tubes like this little guy that we floated in or pulled behind our boat.
This cute swimmer is a pre-colored digital by DearieDolls. 
The sketch is Mojo Monday.  Even though he may not use an inner tube in a pool, I used a piece of digital paper by Doodle Pantry because I though it looked like tile you might see around a pool. 
The embossed waves on the card base are done the old fashion way , without an embossing machine, but with a stylus and Fiskars embossing plate.

Hope you are handling the heat and if you live by a lake or pool, I will try not to be envious.  LOL

Challenges:
Marks Speedy TV - summer fun
One Stop Craft - summer colors
Clearly i Stamp - summer fun
Great Impressions - anything
Simon Stamp and Show - use greeen

Brown Sugar - shades of blue
Sister Act - anything


9 comments:

  1. This is so cute! That does look like fun! I love your embossed waves too! Thank you so much for joining us at Clearly iStamp! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card - a pool would go down a treat here too! Thanks for playing along with our FOSTV Summer Fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delight is a perfect sentiment here! I'm ready to do some floating on a lake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great summer card Marsha, I could use a dip in some water! Thanks for joining us at Clearly iStamp for challenge #2. Dawn Frost guest DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that embossed design on the card!! Nicely done.

    Thanks for playing in Clearly iStamp Challenge #2 - Summertime!

    Hope you will come play in challenge #3!!

    Kathy D.
    Clearly Digi Stamps DT / Clearly iStamp Blog Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet producing this card brought back many memories for you I love it I can almost see the scene in my minds eye, the image & colours are very summery thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card for sure and I really like the dry embossing you chose to go with it as a mat. It really adds to your image.

    Mary Anne, Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your creationis so beautiful with it's bright and cheerful colors. This is sure to bring a smile to any face. Thanks for playing along with us at Clearly iStamp Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic image to use with the embossing in your background!! So totally fun!! Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete