Friday, May 17, 2013

Nautical Card

Do any of you struggle with the title of each post?  That is the hardest part of the post for me; coming up with a title that will catch someone's attention.  Well, obviously, I could not think of anything for today so I just went with "Nautical Card"  (So original !  Hope the mojo today won't be that boring!)
I do like the card, though.  It is very simple but that is my favorite style.


The sentiment is Our Daily Bread Design.  I masked it and then stamped the ship which is Clear Dollar Stamps.  When I was doing my practice stamping, I had the ship behind the words a little more but the words mixed into the sails too much so on this piece, the ship is barely behind the words.
The compass (CDS) is embossed with copper and then I added a copper brad in the middle.
Love the wood grain designer paper.  Distressed the edges a bit.  Even with the knotted twine, this card is flat enough for OWH mailing.  I try to take that into consideration when I am making cards, since most of my cards go to OWH.   So having a simple style as my signature style isn't such a bad thing afterall. LOL

Have a great day.

Challenges:
A Blog Named Hero - CAS
Crafty Cardmakers - 3 techniques distress, emboss, masking
ODBD - wood or stone
Twist of Faith - twine
Word Art Wednesday


12 comments:

  1. Love this. The added detail, knotted twine and tiny compass really finish it off. I like the subtle touches of colour on your image and the paper is perfect for the design.

    And yes I also struggle with titles, most of them refer to whichever team I am creating for, out of laziness basically!

    Thank you for joining us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle more with making CAS cards than coming up with a title :) I love your nautical card - a great masculine creation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Marsha. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday this week. It's such a blessing when you are able to join us. Hope all is well with you.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, your card is wonderful!!! I love the masculine feel - for some reason I always struggle with masculine cards - even when I try to make a masculine card it comes out looking feminine! LOL! Your card is beautiful!!!! Thank you for joining us at Twist of Faith. Looking forward to you coming back again and again.
    Blessings,
    Zella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous distressing and I love the detail of the knotted twine and compass. Thank you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, the details are perfect for a male card. Thank you for joining us at CCM this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully distressed card Marsha!! I love the distressing and the dp!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD Shining the Light challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Chrus

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fantastic card, and just perfect for a man.
    Thanks for joining our latest challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.
    hugs Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! I love just the touch of color on the image and the distressing!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's not like you asked but I love any play on words. Because you have the twine knotted, you could have used Not Nautical Knots, Naughty Knots, Not/Knot Too Naughty, ad infinitum. I love cards of the sea/ships. The sentiment is wonderful and that knotted twine is extremely effective. Your style is seriously lovely.
    Thank you for sharing this wonderful artwork with us this week.
    Abundant Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous 'simple' card - love the use of your chosen techniques. Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabby looking card. Love the stunning look of it. Wonderful! Thanks for joining us over at the CCM challenges. A new one is up and running by now...
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete