Tuesday, February 19, 2013

God's Mercies Are New Every Morning

The mercies of God are new every morning.  I love that.  I also love this sentiment (Our Daily Bread Design).  One of my first sets by Gina K Designs was Guiding Light.  It is still a favorite of mine for masculine cards. I use the lighthouse often.   So lots of favorites in this card.
I embossed the blue paper with waves but my main image was so large, it covered most of it.  The weathered wood paper is GKD digital paper.  On the main image I did DTP, direct to paper, with the turquoise and pink ink pads, making somewhat of a sunset effect.

Challenges:
Clearly i Stamp - get inky
Pink Gem - dies
Word Art Wednesday
Timeless Tuesday - use red
Craft Us Crazy - use favorites

8 comments:

  1. The weathered wood paper is perfect for this. A lovely card, Marsha. Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just gorgeous, Marsha. It's always such a blessing when you are able to stop by and share with us. Thanks for playing along. Your card is amazing.
    Blessings,
    karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely, calming and inspiring card, Marsha. Love the sunset effect and the wood grain paper, and the recipient will surely love it as well. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FABULOUS! Your sunset is such a clever addition to this lighthouse card. And the "Word Art" is the perfect sentiment to complete the card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I just love how you used the ink Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The inked 'sunset' is beautiful!! I love the weathered paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the lighthouse and that direct-to-paper technique. Looks awesome! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Marsha! I love your sky - so pretty! Great way to use the colour red! Thanks for playing along with us for the "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" at Flourishes this week!

    ReplyDelete