Sunday, February 3, 2013

February is for Hearts and Valentines

February is heart awareness month.  I never paid attention to that before my surgery, but now things like that jump out at me.  With Valentine's Day in February, I am doubly aware of hearts.  Last February, I was the speaker during our counsel time at Awanas.  It was fun to show photos of the heart, have a few kids listen to their hearts with a stethoscope, and to talk to them about the different ways we use the word heart.  The word "heart" is found over 760 times in the Bible and usually it refers to the inner person including out mind, will emotions, etc.  as in loving God with our whole heart.  But the heart of God - how incredibly awesome to think about God's heart toward us.  I love the quote by Michael Card on this card.  I stamped a Verve heart on the sentiment because for me the sentiment (by Our Daily Bread Designs) speaks volumes of the heart of God.


The flowers are also ODBD, cut out, curled, and then I put brads into the centers.  I used red, rose, and pink inks for the flowers but the shades don't show up well in the photo.
I also used two colors of green - moss, and artichoke for the swirl and leaves.
the sketch is at Tuesday Morning Sketches




Other Challenges:
 Party Time Tuesday - anything goes
Timeless Tuesday - vintage
Frosted Designs - love and heart
Great Impressions - have a heart
Word Art Wednesday
Simon Says - anything






10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous papers! Thanks for joining us at the FTTC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card and wonderful sentiment. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Marsha!! Fantastic quote!! I love all your elements on this... the DP, the ribbon cross, and those flowers!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card....this is jus stunning!! Love the design.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning Marsha! I love the gorgeous papers you chose. A beautiful quote too! Thanks for joining us this week at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card, Marsha. THanks SO MUCH for sharing it in our challenge this week. I always enjoy seeing your beautiful creations.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marsha,
    Those pretty little flowers look like Sweet William. The cross on your card is a sweet touch as well.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday; we love seeing your wonderful art work and we really appreciate you taking time to join our challenge.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Marsha!! Love your flowers and the quote!! Perfect Valentine! Thanks for joining ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an absolutely gorgeous card... so soft and pretty! And I really like the green scrolls... they add the perfect touch! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! I love those flowers! Thank you for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete